Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We went to a pumpkin patch last weekend. There are SO MANY around here so I chose one that had a free petting zoo. The kids loved it. You could buy little ice cream cones full of animal food and you would have instant friends! The chickens were by far Mesha's favorite. We could hold up our food cone and they would poke their heads through the fence and bite chunks out of the cone. Hilarious. Griffin loved the lose roaming goats. He tried really hard to ride them, I'm glad they didn't ram him. I fed a pig out of my hand. Can you say yuck? My hand was so dirty and smelled so bad after 1 second of contact with that animal's mouth. Gross. Besides that they were cute.

Mesha liked the tractor!

The kids petting a sheep/ram kind of animal (Sterling and I can't figure out how old this thing is. It is small like a baby but those horns make you think otherwise...)
The chickens, oh the chickens!

What is that? I have no idea, but it was cool!

Cute little boy.
At the end of the day we didn't get any pumpkins at this place, we picked some up at a farm stand instead. For some reason pumpkins are so expensive around here. There are so many and everyone and their dog grows them so I don't know why that is. I am used to going to any old grocery store and getting them for a decent per pound price. Oh well, what can you do.

No comments: