Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Harvest Festival

New England is all about the harvest. It is a big deal around here! We went to the Apple Harvest Festival to celebrate! We spend a few million dollars and let the kids go on some rides and play a game.
They had pony rides for FREE (I was shocked by this news. If the kids weren't so tired I would have put them on multiple times or go myself...). Mesha LOVED it! I was so proud. She has had some "freaking out" issues in the past (I feel there is a theme in our blogging, Mindy) and she didn't have any of the problems I was expecting her to have. She was ok that she couldn't ride the white pony because we were in the "large" horse line (she picked it out). She was fine with some girl coming up to her and slapping a giant helmet on her head without saying a word. She let a stranger lead her away from me a stick her on a huge horse (yes, now I am exaggerating a little bit...) and she was happy, excited, and smiling the whole time! Yay Mesha!

Griffin on the other hand was a bit too close to nap time to enjoy his pony experience.

They provided off site parking and a shuttle to the festival so we got to ride a school bus. Mesha was in heaven. Again, she had so much confidence and an obvious lack of freaking out. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kara said...

looks like a lot of fun. We love fall activities!