Thursday, September 30, 2010

Newbery


Last summer I made a goal to read all of the Newbery Award winning books. This week I accomplished that goal! If I were a more productive member of society I would write interesting things about the books I read, or rate them, or recommend the ones I liked. But alas, I just want to pat myself on the back and let everyone know I did it. Some of those books are doosies. As I read them I thought "Really? This won an award?" And some of them were actually good. Mostly I am just proud to have seen something through to the end. Being a mom is hardly the kind of work where you can see a big finished result (the things you clean always get dirty again, diapers always need to be changed, they always need to eat and nobody says 'good job Mommy' when you do it...). So I look at my list of 89 crossed off books and say to myself "Good job Mommy."

5 comments:

Casey said...

Well done, Kierstin. :) I applaud you! We need to catch up via telephone! I want to hear how things are going and say thank you for the absolutely gorgeous blanket you made for Tags. :) I really, really love it.

Laura said...

Now read Harry Potter and Hunger Games!

love, laura

Amy said...

woo-hoo! Good job sister! Thats a ot of books and I know some were super lame. Whats on your to read list next?

Maggie said...

Yay Kiersten. You're right. It feels good to accomplish something non-mommyish sometimes.

Mindy said...

Good Job! I have 6 1/2 left.