Sunday, September 5, 2010

Moving and Electric Squirrels

We found a place to rent for 6 months in hopes of being able to continue to look for houses. We had our stuff delivered on Wednesday and my life has been an episode of "Hoarders" ever since. Unpacking has been complicated (it always is). We have run into all kinds of snags. We need another dresser since we have had another child since we last were on our own. Our box spring won't fit up the stairs so we have to find a split one, we need more shelving, and oh yeah we have two kids that need all kinds of attention. But it is coming together little by little. We are going on an Ikea trip tomorrow so that should help. I will do pictures and all that when I am no longer ashamed to do so (like I said, I feel like I am living on hoarders, little paths through lots of stuff...). Unpacking things that we put in boxes over a year and a half ago has been a real trip too. It feels so good to be on our own again and to use our own things. Instant self esteem you know.
To end this boring post I will spice it up a bit. This morning while we were still in bed we heard a loud bang and couldn't figure out what it was. Later we realized the power was out. Later still some guys came over to fix the power and pointed out what caused the problem. A squirrel decided he needed to eat our tasty looking power line. Boom. Goodbye squirrel. Sterling took a picture. Don't worry, I will not post it. It's disgusting. I hope some animal will come and take it off the front lawn already. I guess this is evolution at it's finest. Survival of the fittest (that doesn't include stupid squirrels).

3 comments:

Casey said...

The squirrel part made me laugh SO hard! It was great. :) I'm glad you found a place to rent, and I hope acquiring the necessities and unpacking doesn't prove to be too stressful. Love you guys!

Tyler said...

It's funny because the squirrel gets dead.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you guys are getting settled. and I for one would like to put a request in for the squirrel picture. :)

-spencer