Friday, August 21, 2009

Smith Family Reunion

I swore it would never happen but it has- I am terrible at remembering to take pictures. I guess it might be better to live life through your own eyes rather than a camera lens. But I still wish I had more pictures. So I am borrowing a bunch of pictures from Corissa (my SIL) via facebook to fill in some gaps.

Anyway, we went to the annual Smith family reunion last weekend. This year it was in Winthrop. What's in Winthrop? Not much. There was a decent amount of things to do however. The little town is western themed and it was fun to walk the shops on a rainy first day.
Yee Haw.
Sterling thought this was funny.

On the second day we went on a little walk to a suspension bridge. This is where I took most of the few pictures of the trip.
Monkey family.Dad and the boy.Mesha LOVES rocks and spent most of her time throwing them.A little monkey girl.

On the third day we went to see the sights on top of Sun Mountain Lodge.
The Graig Smith Family (left to right: Tyler, Casey, Corissa, Spencer, Graig, Martha, Nancy, John, Jared, Griffin, Kierstin, Sterling, and Mesha). We are missing 3. Hilary and Andrew are on missions and Jacob is lame! Just kidding- we miss you!The Sterling Smith Family.

We had a last hurrah at the lake before we drove our tired behinds home. I'll tell ya, the drive to and from Winthrop was almost as good as the trip itself. Highway 20 all the way!I've never seen rivers and lakes that blue-green color before! Sorry no pictures, like I said, I'm lame.

We had a lot of fun. It was good to see some family that we don't get to see very often.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like you had a good time. We missed our Mesh and Griff while you were gone.