Saturday, October 22, 2011

New York

While my parents were in town they offered to watch Mesha and Griffin so that Sterling and I could go to New York. We just did a day trip but it was a lot of fun. It was cool and a little bit strange to see some of these places you have seen a million times in movies and on TV in real life.
Looking at "the ball" in a museum by Times Square.
Times Square.  We walked into it on accident and all of a sudden I recognized where I was without ever being there before.
The Empire State Building.  We were too close to see it very well.
Riding the subway.
On the Staten Island Ferry to get a look at the Statue of Liberty.
Manhattan Temple.  It looked so out of place from what I am used to which is why I think it is so cool.
Good ol' Deseret.
Central Park.  Sorry to Anya for cutting her out with our not so great self portrait skills.  Sorry to Sterling for the look on my face (I was running out of patience waiting for him to figure out how to put the camera on night mode...)
Radio City Music Hall.
Rockefeller Center. Anya wasn't impressed.
I haven't ever seen it without the ice rink.  It would be fun to go sometime this winter.
I can now put a big ol' check mark on my bucket list. Yay New York!  I'm still not a Yankees fan though, sorry.

3 comments:

Amy Renee said...

Yay for New York! Boo Yankees! :)

Kara said...

I wanna go there too. I think that every time you blog about a place, it's somewhere that I still have not seen! Looks like you had a bunch of fun, and Anya was quite the trooper. Next time i will babysit for you. :0)

Mindy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Someday I will make it there. How nice to go without the kids!