Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mystic

We have both sets of Grandparents here with us for Anya's blessing/ tour of New England.  I went with my parents and the kids to Mystic, CT one day.  It is a seaport town and there is a Nautical Museum, aquarium, and this little 18th century looking "village" with shopping and such.

There was a duck pond.  Grandpa bought us some food and we had a couple dozen instant friends!
This was, of course, the kid's favorite part.
Especially this guy.  He loves ducks.

We found a hand pump drinking fountain.
Griffin took a drink and spit it out.  He was blowing raspberries for a few minutes before we figured it must not taste very good.  I tried it and it tasted like iron so badly.  Yuck. 
Pumping the well.
Sweet little Anya.

Right before we went home we saw an old train caboose and took the kids over to see it.  I lifted the kids up on it and left them there while I went to get the camera.  As I was walking  back Griffin was trying to get down by himself and I kept telling him to stay there.  It didn't work.  He slid off and landed on the big granite slab that was used as a step.  His whole side was one big bloody scratch.  So I didn't get a picture but Griffin got a nice souvenir.  Besides that incident it was really fun.  There was a Scandinavian gift shop there that I could spend all day in...

No comments: