Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Garden

We have had some gardening success! Some plants are actually growing and there are 3 little green tomatoes on one of the tomato plants!

We started everything except the tomatoes from seeds (hence my shock that some things are actually growing!) Here are tomatoes, cilantro, carrots, and basil.

Our Peas! They have done the best out of everything we planted. We did some homemade trellises. It is cool to see them wrap their little selves onto it.

Cucumbers and beans. Can you see it growing up the bean pole? I love it!

And in our container garden we have more basil and carrots (and a pot where something didn't grow... besides weeds that is...)

More peas, beans and tomatoes. So the container garden isn't doing as well but look at these...

Ta-da! My pretty girl and my three little tomatoes. I really love gardening and look forward to the day when I have a yard where I can do more. I dream about pumpkins, raspberries, bell peppers, etc. Yay for gardening!

3 comments:

Kara said...

So fun that you are having success at growing food! I miss my garden dearly this year. Hopefully next year we can lean how to grow plants here and exactly were to do that. Keep up the good job!

Amy said...

So much fun! Such cute plants, and cute girl! It's crazy how much Ellie looks like Mesha sometimes!

Mindy said...

I love your little garden. I wish I could grow something. Last year I planted a cucumber plant 3 different times trying to get it to grow and all of them died. Enjoy your summer veggies!!