Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grffin's 2nd Birthday

My baby boy turned 2 on Tuesday. I planned him a train party. Since two is more of a family party age and since we have no family near by (sniff sniff, poor me) I hosted playgroup as an alternative.

I decorated with streamers, balloons, and pulled out the Thomas tent.

Here is my awesome train cake. It took so long. Sterling, bless his heart, stayed up late with me to help me finish. Note to self, start earlier next time, think the day before... Props to Sterling for the cute decorating of the engine.

Party hats, presents, and Thomas the train as far as the eye can see, he's gonna love it.
And here are the party animals themselves.

Two years old. Where does the time go? We love our Griffin so much. He is such a rough and tumble boy. I love how when you ask him for a kiss he offers you his forehead. I love his broad shoulders and skinny little man hips. I love those big blue eyes, they save his life from time to time. Happy Birthday little boy, we are so glad to have you in our family!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday to the cute Griff boy. I was going to call you for his birthday and forgot with the whole time zone difference. Hope that he had a great day. We love you guys.

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Griffin! The cake looks great!!