Monday, September 5, 2011

Boston Again

A little while ago we went to Boston again. We wanted to go while it was still warm and nice outside so during Sterling's time off we made the trip.
First we went on the swan boats. Griffin almost jumped off a few times. Sounds about right, huh?

Next we let the kids play in the "frog pond" at the Boston Common. This was their favorite part of the day.

After that we went on the "Freedom Trail" which is a walking tour of a bunch of historical sights that have to do with the Nation's independence. At the State House.

Here is Paul Revere's grave.

And his house.

Mesha's new best friend.

What I did most of the time.

Bunker Hill.

There were a bunch of women with babies doing a work out group on the lawn at Bunker Hill. Mesha, being the friendly little thing that she is, when right over to her "friends" and started exercising with them. I thought it was cute and harmless and even had Sterling take a little video.
Then one of the ladies came over and asked if we could keep Mesha away because she could get "injured". Whatever. That's the lamest excuse, if she is bugging you just say so, don't feed me lines about her getting hurt. Boo to you women's work out group of Bunker Hill, boo to you. Sorry for the rant, it just broke my heart when Mesha asked me why she couldn't dance with her friends anymore. Jerks.

Besides that we had a great day. A long but good day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to see you out an about! Someday I want to go see Boston! I love places with lots of history!

Mindy said...

Wow! I can't believe you are out and about. That is ambitious!!

Kara said...

looks like so much fun. We miss you guys, kiss those babies for me.