Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rhode Island

Last Saturday we went to Rhode Island for fun.

We had a picnic lunch by a lighthouse in Beaver Tail Park, it is the very tip of Jamestown Island (yes it looks like a beaver's tail).

We checked out some tide pools and found some starfish to torture, I mean look at.

Next we drove over to Newport, RI and went on what's called the "cliff walk". It goes along the coast and you walk by a bunch of huge fancy mansions. We didn't go too far on account of me being so pregnant. I didn't know I was so out of shape until I tried to waddle around for a while.

Next we went to a beach. There are so many in Rhode Island we just picked the closest one. It was in a bay so there weren't many waves and it was a little on the gravelly side as far as sand goes but the kids had fun. Sterling caught a little crab and a live clam that would open it's shell and then snap it down.

We went to dinner on Thames (Street, Road, Avenue???) and then got ice cream. After that we made a quick trip to Purgatory Chasm. I saw it on the map and wanted to check it out. Pretty cool. I have no idea how it came to be or any history on it but it was cool to look at. I was completely paranoid the whole time that one on my children was going to fall in however. Not so cool.

Lastly, we saw advertisements for the Jamestown fireworks show that night- woo hoo! So we walked about a million miles to see that. Griffin loved it and would point and say "colors"!
Mesha, for the second year in a row did this:
Oh well.

We drove home and the kids slept. It was a great day.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like you had a fun little trip. Natalie has the same fish shirt as Mesha. We do have the same shopping taste, even across the country!

Laura said...

It's okay Meesh. I feel your pain. I don't like them either!