Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Charleston

We went to Charleston, SC over an extended weekend.  What a beautiful place!  It was a lot of fun.

Getting some ice cream for being good while we browsed The Market.


At Waterfront Park.


 We took a ferry over to Fort Sumter. 





We found a playground to let the kids get their wiggles out at.


Easter!  Mr. Bunny hid eggs all over the hotel room.   It rained that morning so I declare a picture re-do sometime soon.

 About 1/2 from Charleston is this tree called Angel Oak.  It is 300-400 years old and amazing!  We also saw some white squirrels!  Crazy, I tried to get a picture but was not successful.





On the porch of the visitor center at the Charles Pinckney National Historic Site.

We found a little beach to play on for a while.






Riding the trolley around town.

 Enjoying White Point Garden at the tip of the peninsula by the battery.



Yes that is Griffin peeing in public.  Sigh.

I loved Charleston.  I want to go back!  It was so walkable and had so much stuff close together.  It didn't seem salty and humid like other seaside towns I've been to.  We had a great time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful- I want to go!!

Mom

Laura said...

How fun! If you only knew how bad I want to go to Charleston! Those kids of yours are getting too big!

Amy said...

Wow! I want to go visit there! That tree looks awesome! Love the Easter picture- it reall does remind me o rubys inn :)

Mindy said...

Fun!! Looks like nice weather!!