Sunday, November 11, 2012

Daddyless

Cue the sad music, get a tissue, and get ready to feel bad for me.  Sterling is doing "Cat Duty" in Connecticut (yes, the exact office he just left a few months ago) due to the surge of Superstorm Sandy insurance claims.  He's been gone for over a week now and won't be back for another 9 days (But who's counting?  Oh yes, I am.  I even have a count down chain.  I told Mesha it was for her...)  I know that a lot of women spend a lot of time away from their husbands.  I still don't like it and I don't think I will ever be ok with it.  It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.  But I did resist writing this self-pitying post until just now and all 3 of my children are still alive.  For now.  Feel bad for me yet?  That's ok if you don't, I'll feel bad for me enough for the both of us.  He will be home for Thanksgiving, I will end on that positive note.

3 comments:

Casey said...

Oh, you are fine to be sad, really. Ty was gone for ONE NIGHT for a scouting campout, and I had to really fight off a private pity party. So, I would say you're justified for being sad for nine days. It's hard, hard, hard to be husbandless.

Jamie said...

I saw your hubby in church on Sunday! I was looking for the rest of the family, but you were not there. :) Unfortunately he left before I even had the chance to say hello. I didn't realize he would be away from you for so long! I'm sorry.

Nancy said...

"Celebrate" by making all your favorite foods that Sterling doesn't like. Watch girly movies. Don't be afraid to have fun without him. (You can always repeat the activity/outing once he's home.) Best wishes!