Sunday, March 15, 2009

2 Years!

My beautiful Mesha Mae turned two on the 14th. I know it's cliche to say but I can't believe how big she is. I'm so impressed with myself. Two years and she is alive and thriving! We had a little party with a Curious George theme.

We got Mesha her favorite thing in the world, balloons. Best $4 I ever spent.

I got the idea for this monkey cake from my sister. Cute huh? Do you like the 'dimple' Mesha made for the little guy?

This is Mesha telling me she is two, not flashing her gangsta guns (unless you are Mitch then yes she is and I taught her how to do this just for your sake).

I guess I should have taught Mesha how to blow out candles before I put them in front of her face. Oh well.

I sure love my little girl. She makes me smile everyday. I am so impressed with how fast she learns and the cute things she figures out on her own. I love how she loves to color and how she squints her eyes and sings in church. I love the nick names and cute words she has for things. I even love trying to figure them out. Did you know that a "ni-ni" is a blanket (blankie) and "how" means help? I love how she grabs our heads and turns them when she wants our attention. I love how she loves animals and knows what they all say. I love her bright blue eyes and wild barely curly hair. I love that when I look at her I can see my Sterling. What did I do with my time and love before there was Mesha?

9 comments:

the Smith's said...

What a fun party! I am wishing you were still in Cali so we could have been there! but it looked so fun and I love that her happiness only cost you $4! SWEET! Happy Birthday sweet Mesha! Uncle Spencer and Auntie Corissa LOVE YOU!!!!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday. It looks like fun. How's little brother doing?

Anonymous said...

I like da monkey :0) Love you guys.

Kara

Eric and Laura said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! The boys still ask to see Mesha when I'm blog browsing.

Amy said...

I wish I was there! Happy Birthday Mesha!

The Bains said...

What a great job you did on her party! The monkey cake is so cute. I see how it is - just friends didn't rate a party but now that you're up there with a ton of family...I know, I know. I have to give you a hard time just to keep our relationship real! :) Mesha is so pretty and makes a super cute birthday girl. I can't believe that she is 2! We're getting ready for birthdays over here too. Kids grow way too fast. I miss you!

now we have two said...

How funny, we did the exact same cake for Zackery's 2nd birthday!

The Wi Family said...

How cute! I'm so bummed that I didn't even get a chance to talk to you last Sunday or see that new little man of yours!!! I hope things are going well. You look great and little Mesha is a doll-we had a blast with her in nursery!!! Congrats on your addition by the way--I can't remember if I commented earlier or not :)

The Camerons said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mesha! Brooklyn misses you!